Saturday, October 11, 2008

Racist

What I don't get is that its OK to smear Arabs. The smear that Obama is an Arab has run rampant on the Right. Now, McCain -- to his PARTIAL -- credit is disabusing his ignorant followers of this fiction.

But the larger point is that it the response is "no he's not" instead of "so what!"



If I were Arab-American, I'd be just as ticked off at the "Obama is an Arab" "smear" as I was at the "no he's not" excuse.

One of the great things that George W. Bush did -- and I don't say that often -- was when he, post 9/11, calmed the American People down and stated that we ought to focus on TERRORISTS in particular, and not ARABS in general.

Would that McCain took that next step . . .

1 comment:

Michael La Porte said...

IMHO, by the time that McCain realizes what he's done, he'll be a disgraced Senator, with fewer friends than when he started, and much less relevance to that Chamber.

He's pissed on his reputation. I don't think that he realizes it now, or, at best, he hopes that his election will whitewash this disgrace.